CBD, or Cannabidiol is one of the most well-known cannabinoid photo-chemicals derived from the marijuana plant.
Unlike its psychoactive counterpart THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) you’ll find that CBD is a potent and powerful anti-inflammatory agent known to help reduce the natural (and not-so-friendly) immune response of your body, known as inflammation. Beyond that, there are a few specific health benefits that seem to have an additional appeal … just for women.
Here are the top 3 health benefits of CBD for the ladies and of course everyone else too!
1. Clearer Skin. You may not realize it but many skincare woes can be traced back to common inflammation. But, the potent anti-inflammatory abilities of CBD have been shown in clinical trials as a normalizing agent to help reduce acne. When applied to the epidermis (the top layer of skin) CBD works to not only reduce the natural immune response of topical skin inflammation, but it was also shown in one study to also have beneficial effects on the skin’s natural oil production and sebum buildup.
2. Weight Loss. When you think about marijuana you may also think about getting the dreaded “munchies.” While noshing on your favorite foods can be a really good time, too much of a good thing may lead to unwanted extra pounds.
Dr. Allan Frankel, a renowned internist in Los Angeles and a cannabis activist calls CBD “dosed cannabis medicine,” able to reduce your appetite. So, for this reason it is suggested that you choose a hybrid strain with a CBD percentage over 60%, or alternatively use a quality CBD oil in your vaporizer, edible recipes or beverages. It is important to note however, that the success rate for CBD users with the intention of weight loss is not always consistent.
Regardless, a study in the Clinical Hemorheology and Microcirculation revealed that CBD is able to help lower chronic inflammation in the pancreas. Ultimately, this could be the first step in a comprehensive plan to ease symptoms of type 1 diabetes.
3. Stress & Anxiety. Cannabis extracts are a powerful way to reduce common symptoms of Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) and other forms of social anxiety or stress. While GAD affects an estimated 6.8 million people and 31% of Americans, CBD extracts are known to be one of the most effective, long-term options for those suffering with many types of anxiety including these:
– Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
– Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD)
– Panic disorder
– Social anxiety disorder
– Obsessive compulsive disorder
While there are many ways to effectively reduce your overall stress levels, it can be difficult to keep an anxiety disorder at bay. However, with the help of a potent, and clean CBD extract you too can ease tension all day long with just a few puffs from your favorite CBD cartridge.
Other Benefits of Using CBD Cannabinoid at Home
The numerous benefits provided by cannabis’ extensive profile of full-spectrum cannabinoids includes an estimated 113 different compounds! However, the most popular for inflammation and pain relief happens to be (you guessed it) CBD. Try adding any of our exclusive CBD products into your everyday health regimen. Other ways CBD is known to promote optimal health include:
- Chronic pain relief
- Oxidative injury
- Endocrine function
- Seizures, and many more!1, 2
If you are thinking about adding a cannabis related product to your everyday health regimen, consider the many benefits of CBD. Unlike its psychoactive photo-chemical cousin THC, CBD or Cannabidiol is able to support your overall health without any mind-altering effects. There are many different ways to use CBD at home or on-the-go with CBD dominant flower, CBD extract oil and edible products.