Recently I had the pleasure of eating some homemade Rice Krispies Treats. I thought to myself, “why don’t I just make some damn Rice Crispy Treat edibles!” So ….without further adooooooooooo! Here is the ingredients and directions for some dank munchie grub.
- 1 bag miniature marshmallows
- *Sprinkles – whatever you want for a topping!
- 2 tablespoons of cannabis infused butter OR
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Note: You can choose to use both infused butter and coconut oil, or just use one or the other.
- 5 cups crispy rice cereal (give or take)
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract (try a raspberry or strawberry with fruit flavored marshmallows)
- large pan
- cookie sheet
- Spray bottom of cookie sheet with cooking spray (or parchment paper makes easier cleanup)In pan over medium heat, melt butter, infused oil and extract together
- Continue heating over medium heat and slowly add marshmallows to the mixture, stirring constantly first)
- Spread out onto cookie sheet and press down with spoon into desired thickness
- Allow to cool and then cut into individual portions (15-20 servings)
- Chocolate lovers can drizzle canna-shell chocolate across the top before cooling
- Now this is the most important part of the entire recipe, lol. First timers please read carefully !
- to prevent scorching
- When the mixture is well blended (remember don’t overcook) remove from heat and immediately add cereal in small portions until the cereal is evenly covered (tip: coat your spoon with a little oil
Once your weed infused rice crispy treats are cooled and ready for consumption, you will first want to consider roughly how much cannabis is in an average dose (note: this will vary depending on how many individual portions you cut as well as potency of starting material). An average starting point for most first-time edible consumers is only 5-10mg. Calculating exactly how much THC is in your product is simply not possible at this time, but as long as you start low [small dose of 1-2 bites] and go slow [allow at least 90 minutes to feel the onset, and in some cases, it may take 2-6 hours to feel the full effect], you mitigate the chances of any negative experiences.
– Bigs out